- University of Notre Dame, B.A., cum laude, 1998
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2001
Admissions to Practice
- Illinois, 2001
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2005
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 2004
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2005
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2006
- Transportation Lawyers Association
Matt handles a wide variety of matters including litigation and transactional work
for the transportation industry, commercial and residential real estate, insurance
coverage disputes, employment-related litigation, and corporate transactional work.
Matt has represented clients involved in all aspects of domestic and international
transportation including motor carriers, brokers of motor carriage, intermodal
marketing companies, ocean transportation intermediaries (OTIs), and shippers.
Additionally, Matt has significant experience in advising and representing
businesses and individuals in connection with commercial real estate transactions
throughout the country and residential real estate transactions in Illinois.
Matt represents private companies on ordinary and complex business matters, with
an emphasis on assisting buyers and sellers in asset-purchase agreements and
private stock transfers. As part of his transactional practice, he has assisted
medical professionals in preparing and negotiating asset sales and seller-financed
purchases and has represented transportation brokers and motor carriers in
transferring operations in a manner that complies with Federal law.