ASSOCIATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA), Member
- Chair, Logistics & E-Commerce Committee (2017-Present)
- Presenter, “Choose the Best Contractual Terms for Your Client (Before and After Litigation),” TLA Annual Conference, April 29, 2016.
- University of Dayton, B.A., magna cum laude, 1998
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2001
- A. Harold Weber Moot Court Competition Award
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- Illinois State Bar, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2010
With over eighteen years of experience covering numerous practice areas, Ryan is able to provide his clients a full spectrum of legal services.
A seasoned litigator, Ryan is committed to finding the best possible outcome for his clients, whether inside or outside the courtroom. Ryan’s litigation practice focuses primarily on the transportation and logistics arena, representing brokers, freight forwarders, and carriers in various matters, including freight charge claims, cargo claims, general contractual disputes, and regulatory compliance matters. Ryan has also represented a variety of clients in labor and employment cases, general commercial matters, and multimillion-dollar personal injury and property damage claims.
Ryan’s experience as a litigator also provides the perspective necessary to advise his clients on non-litigation matters, including risk assessment, contract negotiation and drafting, alternative dispute resolution, and real estate transactions.